ISIC Cards


An International Student Identity Card (or ISIC) is the only internationally-recognized proof of full-time student status issued. Utilized in over 125 countries, it is endorsed by organizations like UNESCO and others, and is recognized by educational centers, national governments, and student organizations around the world. The ISIC card is available to any full time student at school aged 12 years and above, and there is no upper age limit.

You’re probably thinking, “that’s great, but how does this help me?” Well, here are some of the benefits associated with having one of these with you as you travel abroad:

1. Savings and Deals : Providing deals and discounts from places like LonelyPlanet, HostelWorld, and various cafes, restaurants, and attractions based on your location, the ISIC card allows students to save money during their travels. Benefits are made searchable online here and through a smart phone app as well.

2. Insurance : All cards issued in the U.S. come with international travel insurance to cover you during your travels, putting yourself (and your parents) further at ease while traveling.


So it’s a great thing to get and keep on you, but where and how do you get one?

HOW —  to receive an ISIC, students must bring in or send in:

1. a copy of either their Student ID card or a signed and dated letter from the university indicating full time student status

2. proof of their date of birth

3. a passport-sized photograph of themselves

WHERE — right here at KU. Yes, that’s right, we are now an issuer of ISIC cards. So feel free to stop by 105 Lippincott to turn in your materials and get your card!