Are you interested in receiving $5,000 to do an international internship in Asia this summer, spring or fall? Read to learn more about this new and exciting scholarship opportunity at KU.
International Internships provide an incredible opportunity to to go beyond the classroom and gain soft skills that are vital to success in our global world. At KU, we have International Internship opportunities around the globe. Check out this recent post to learn more about our internship programs.
But it gets even better! Through the generous support of the Freeman Foundation, the KU Office of Study Abroad now is able to award twenty (20) $5,000 scholarships to intern abroad in Asia. This is an incredible opportunity for ALL KU students. Here are the details:
- Eligible programs: All credit bearing internship programs of 6 weeks or longer that occur during the summer or the semester in one of the following Asian countries: Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Macao, Malaysia, Mongolia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand or Vietnam.
- Who is eligible? ALL KU undergraduate students that are US citizens or permanent residents.
Now that you know you should apply for this incredible opportunity, we’ve listed some internship programs that would be eligible to receive funding from the Freeman East Asia Internship Scholarship.
- KU International Internships in Shanghai, China: 8-week program over the summer for all majors. Deadline to apply is February 12th
- KU Architecture Internships in Asia: Semester long program in China, South Korea, or Singapore for Architecture students.
- Michigan State Japan Summer Internships: 12 week summer internship over the summer for advanced-level Japanese language students in various fields.
- Chinese Studies and Internship Program CET: Summer or semester options in Shanghai or Beijing.
- ISA Internships in Hong Kong: 6-10 week program for all majors.
- Public Health and Service Learning Internship in Vietnam: Summer or semester program for Pre-Med, Pre-Nursing, Community Health, and Social Welfare students.
- Application deadlines for Summer 2015 internship programs are quickly approaching! Click on the program links above to view the deadlines.
Note: If you are interested in learning more about ISA’s internship options they are holding several webinars to learn more about internships in Asia. Webinars for the Shanghai Summer Internship program will be on January 22 @ 4pm and January 28th @ 5pm. Sessions for the Hong Kong will be held on January 26 @ 4 pm and January 30th at 11 am. The password for all sessions is: 12345. An on-campus info session about internships in Shanghai and Hong Kong will be held on Feb. 4th at 4:30 PM in 202 Stauffer-Flint.
Apply online: https://ku.studioabroad.com/?go=FreemanScholarship
You aren’t limited to these options either! There are several more opportunities available to intern in Asia. Send us an email at email@example.com or stop by 105 Lippincott to learn about more options or more about this scholarship.
Applications for the Freeman Scholarship will be due on March 1st, 2015 for summer, fall, and academic year programs. Applications for the spring semester will be due on October 1st, 2015. Look for the application on our website soon!